I can be the knife in your back
The noose around your neck
The bullet right through your skull
But I'd rather be the force of my spoken word
Let our voices form the weapons

1.26.2009

Skramz

Recently, I've been getting back into the screamo genre. The legit shit, not the definition it has been contorted into today. Besides the basics like Saetia and Orchid, I've been looking deeper into genre. Hell, I didn't even know the Philippines had a screamo scene over there. From what I've listened to, there are the bands that stood out.

Constatine Sankathii
Ordination of Aaron
The Khayembii Communique
A Case of Grenada

These bands are great, but fuck, I've just also the discovered the French screamo scene. A lot of the bands I've discovered have a blend of post rock elements, which is always a plus in my book. I recommend

Amanda Woodward
Daitro
Sed Non Satiata
Aussitôt Mort

Aussitôt Mort is quickly becoming my favorite screamo band. It's screamo with a touch of sludge, so to speak.

My favorite song from them, "Percuté"